Before one can run, they must learn to walk. While simple in nature, the same principle applies to your content marketing strategy, a key focus at WOMMfest Feb. 19.
Content marketing has been the buzz topic nowadays in our realm, but many companies try the marathon before training for their first 5K. Marketing leaders Altimeter Group, released their “Content: The New Marketing Equation Why Organization Must Rebalance” report in Feb. 2012 that still holds true today. In it, Rebecca Lieb maps out her five-stage maturity model to content marketing.
- Stand – Blogging and social media are just looked at, but barely acted on.
- Stretch: Taking the First Steps While Scanning the Horizon – Company realizes the relevance of content and social media and begins to strategize.
- Walk: Ambition and Forward Momentum – Content begins to form and is shared across multiple channels.
- Jog: Sustainable, Meaningful, and Scalable Content Initiatives – Strategy is now engrained in all members and the focus turns to expanding the team, efforts, and engagement.
- Run: Inspired and Inspirational – The organization is now a respectable publishing company and all content is part of company branding.
At WOMMfest Feb. 19, content marketing will be the focus in Seattle at the Experience Music Project. Learn how to take your company through each stage and become the publishing content leader that separates your brand.
To read more about the Altimeter Group’s report, click here.